Overpass popup patch

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 17 21:47:42 GMT 2013

On 17/01/13 21:03, Roland Olbricht wrote:

> for the Top Ten Task "POI inspection tool on the frontpage" I suggest the
> attached patch for The Rails Port as a solution.
>
> This demonstrates the basic mechanism and is a starting point to discuss user
> inteface details. How can we get it onto an appropriate testing environment?
> Can it be tested on the dev server?

Well we can setup a testing environment - the best way to do that is to
get it into git somewhere as the test setups on the dev server are
driven from git repos.

Technically speaking there are some minor issues I would look to have
addressed in that code before I considered merging it.

Design wise we would need to think about how this behaviour should be
triggered as currently it looks like you are capturing every click on
the map which doesn't sound like it would be a reasonable thing to do.

The big issue here as regards deployment however is going to be that we
would normally want, for operational reasons, to have this running off
an instance of overpass that was running on our servers. We'd also need
to discuss issues of scalability and what resources such an api might
need before being exposed on the home page.

None of this is a barrier to a test deployment however, so feel free to
put this in a git repo somewhere and give me repo url and branch name.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/