[openstreetmap-website] Adding ability to add a website to user profile (#198)

Frederik Ramm notifications at github.com
Sun Jan 20 20:58:23 GMT 2013

If we want to allow such URLs then I don't think we should limit to one; some people have a blog and a facebook page, others have a personal website and a G+ page, and so on. AFAIK it was possible to add arbitrary links to your profile text in the past but at some point we removed them to be less interesting to spammers.

So the real issue here is not adding one single URL to the model (which would only re-introduce the spam problem), but to deal with the spam problem properly (and if that's done, one could just allow arbitrary links in the profile text again).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/198#issuecomment-12477303