[openstreetmap-website] New map UI (#328)

Ilya Zverev notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 9 12:57:29 UTC 2013

As for design, it is hard to notice transparency change on hover, especially on bright layers, like a transport map. Icons are confusing: there should be at least tooltips. Having controls at the right side is confusing: I understand this would make more sense when other improvements in Saman's presentation are implemented, but for now I think this is a change too big, and will confuse a lot of user, especially with other map providers keeping their zoom controls at the left or top sides.

I like that panels don't shift the map, unlike regular tabs (e.g. "Export"). But they shift all the buttons, I'm not sure this is good.

Regular panels (the same "Export") are separated from the map with a gray line, but new panels are not. Since there are lines in new panels as well, I suggest adding those vertical separating lines.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/328#issuecomment-20671786