[openstreetmap-website] Rationalize multiple "locate me" type functions (#373)

Andy Allan notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 30 19:17:25 UTC 2013

Please don't remove the 'home' link. The use-case isn't to "find out what your home location is" - the use-case is to move the map *to* your home location.

Most of the time that I use the map, I need it for something close to my home. Such are the physical realities of life. But with the location cookie the map is often somewhere entirely elsewhere, and having a one-click link to re-centre the map on the location I most need it, is very useful.

Note that the geolocation tool is different, since (like cookie-set locations) it doesn't move the map in a directly-controllable fashion.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/373#issuecomment-21815504