[openstreetmap-website] Reorganize export/share UI (#351)

Saman Bemel-Benrud notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 30 19:55:15 UTC 2013

Hi, can we please remove the blue link icons in the 'share' dialog. I understand the argument for them: you can right click the icon and then select 'copy link' from a list of options. _However_ lets all step back for a second and think about how this looks to the majority of users.

There is a convention on the internet for small share links to follow urls in inputs. Here's an example:

![screen shot 2013-07-30 at 3 50 54 pm](https://f.cloud.github.com/assets/108094/881592/62b14bf8-f951-11e2-926b-7a689b84de18.png)

This is implemented with a little flash widget. Pretty convenient! Sadly, Flash is proprietary, ect. ect. we're not going to do this on osm.org and that's fair. Lets look at the share dialog in the osm sidebar:

![screen shot 2013-07-30 at 3 49 11 pm](https://f.cloud.github.com/assets/108094/881606/87494f7e-f951-11e2-8264-7f51ed7fe9c9.png)

As a long-time Internet user, I expect that blue icon to function like the copy link on GitHub or countless other webistes. When I click it, I should get a friendly message that tells me the link has been copied to my clipboard, and I can go along on my way.

What actually happens when I want to copy the link to share my location by clicking the blue link? Two things:

1. The page refreshes.
2. The share dialog I once had open disappears.
3. I have to re-open the share dialog, and make sure to avoid clicking that button that looks like it'd be really fun to click.

This is disorienting and confusing. This happens to me and I get suspicious of the OpenStreetMap website. Was that a bug?

We should remove these blue links. You can select the text in the input, right click, then copy. Or command+C.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/351#issuecomment-21818002