[openstreetmap-website] Eliminate style_rules helper (#79)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Fri Jun 14 18:43:00 UTC 2013

Yes, as the comment for that commit says I had to disable the caching...

Action caching is a bit of a nightmare really - well most of the rails caching is a bit of a nightmare but action caching is worse that fragment caching. I suspect the caching isn't critical but it we would be good to get some proper measurements of whether more caching would speed things up - perhaps with more fragment caches in appropriate places.

As you say, the js templates could be handled with data attributes, or by adding `OSM.logged_in` etc to the block in `app/views/layout/_head.html.erb`.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/79#issuecomment-19474549