[openstreetmap-website] Status of picture/icon methods in lib/gpx.rb (#281)

Andy Allan notifications at github.com
Tue May 14 07:42:20 UTC 2013

The two methods mentioned try calling "Magick::Image" and "Magick::ImageList", which I guess are supposed to be RMagick calls. And I also guess that since rmagick was removed some time ago, these calls aren't actually being used in production, i.e. the standalone gpx-importer is making the images.

So as written, these methods throw errors when called from the console.

```
gpx = GPX::File.new('')
gpx.picture(0,0,1,1,10)
NameError: uninitialized constant GPX::File::Magick
```

Should we keep these methods, write some tests for them and fix the rmagick dependency? This way, developers could upload GPX traces for testing, without needing to install the gpx-importer. Or should we remove them, since the code isn't used in production, they don't work, and they don't have any tests?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/281