[OpenStreetMap] #5027: the user's "notes" layer state should not be changed permanently (by saving into his _osm_location cookie) when he opens a link with layers=N

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Tue Nov 5 14:02:39 UTC 2013

#5027: the user's "notes" layer state should not be changed permanently (by saving
into his _osm_location cookie) when he opens a link with layers=N
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  aseerel4c26  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  closed
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:  wontfix      |   Keywords:  slippymap
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by TomH):

 It's not a setting, it's a (sticky) state which the user can correct
 simply by turning the layer off again.

 But seriously, if you know a way to fix this then let's see your code,
 because I don't see any way to do it that wouldn't have serious impact on
 the maintainability of the code, and I don't see this as a serious enough
 problem to pay that price.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5027#comment:8>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>