[openstreetmap-website] Redesign (#498)

Martin Raifer notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 13 10:12:47 UTC 2013

I really like it, too. Here are a few thoughts:

* At low zoom, the *add note* button is still clickable (even though the tooltip reads *zoom in to add a note to the map*).
* The export sidebar is missing some structure (e.g. *Area Too Large* should look more like a title)
* Nominatim search behaves a bit strangely:
  * First, it assumes that the osm object nominatim returns (still) exists, which may not always the case. If the loading lookup fails – either because the object has been deleted an nominatim hasn't noticed yet, or simply because the request times out, like if you were searching for *Russia* – nothing happens (except that the sidebar gets blank and there is no way to close it).
  * Than, if successful, search results (e.g. the outline of a administrative boundary) get rendered with fairly high opacity (as opposed to the current faint displaying).
  * Last, I see that there is no more *View details* link for nominatim results. I assume that this is now the default behaviour when clicking a search result. I'm not sure if this is the right thing: It's not consistent with how other search results behave (e.g. geonames, postcodes-results from nominatim, etc.) and generally users mostly use the search to navigate to a certain region on the map rather than inspecting an individual object.
* The [404 page](http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/foo) is missing an asset: `osm_logo.png`

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/498#issuecomment-28383070