Fwd: what3words support in OpenStreetMap

Jonathan Bennett jonobennett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:02:17 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 12:20, Robert Sugar wrote:
> Forwarding this from a personal conversation with Tom, who suggested to
> bounce this to the list to see how the other devs feel about it.
> Original mail (please read this first) with Tom's response to follow:

I would like to see what3words #switch2osm before we even consider
supporting a proprietary system.

Even then, given that "Some processes involved in the operation of our
site and the App are protected by pending UK Patent Application Number
GB1307148.5." I think this is never going to be acceptable to a large
part of the OSM community.

J.