[openstreetmap-website] Redesign (#498)

danstowell notifications at github.com
Wed Nov 13 12:30:21 UTC 2013

Hi - looks nice. Here's something that's confusing me, seems to me a bug:

1. Go to http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.76510/-0.00203
2. Click "where am I" - one answer comes back from Nominatim (61, Stortford Road, Broxbourne).
3. Click on that Nominatim result. (The URL changes to http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/87356157 )

What I expected to happen: well, I expected to browse that particular way. It's possible that the way is not in the DB for redesign. If so, that's fine - there should be an error message saying "way not found" (and indeed, if you click directly on that URL I gave in step 3, you do get an error message).

What happened: sidebar stays, but is completely blank.

Clicking that link in nominatim should lead to the same "view" as when you manually visit its URL (the interface should be stateless, in that sense).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/498#issuecomment-28390574