[OpenStreetMap] #5045: Why are there only unprecise timestamps in the user changesets? Please revert

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Sat Nov 30 17:22:30 UTC 2013

#5045: Why are there only unprecise timestamps in the user changesets? Please
revert
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  aseerel4c26  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  closed
 Component:  website      |    Version:
Resolution:  fixed        |   Keywords:
--------------------------+-------------------------
Changes (by TomH):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 The point is that design is always a trade off - we can't always do
 everything that everybody wants if for no other reason that different
 people may have conflicting views.

 We have chosen to show a concise and user friendly rough date and give
 those people who really need to see the full time a way to do so. Yes it
 may break some odd edge cases like searching for a date, but I really find
 it hard to believe that is a common thing for people to do.

 I don't see that there is any way to make the search work other than going
 back to showing full dates, hence regrettably I don't think we will be
 able to fix this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5045#comment:4>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>