[openstreetmap-website] sidebar_content div too tall (scrollbar not completely visible) (#500)

Paweł Paprota notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 2 08:03:34 UTC 2013

I've been merging master into my owl-history-tab branch and I noticed that there were some changes in the sidebar markup and CSS and now there's a problem when sidebar contents overflow and need to be scrolled.

Take a look:

http://owl.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/50.0464/19.9982

(click History tab)

You will see that sidebar heading has ~30px of height and then comes sidebar content div which has height: 100% but I guess it is 100% of the whole sidebar not of the remaining space below the heading so it goes off screen at the bottom.

I tried to fix it but I suck at CSS, the only solution I manage to get working was to change sidebar_heading and sidebar_content to absolute positioning and set bottom: 0px for sidebar_content but I guess that's not the "right" solution?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/500