[openstreetmap-website] Update nl.yml (#499)

Gilbert54 notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 2 19:39:41 UTC 2013

To be honest: the site is a huge disappointment. I found 7..8 words or
strings which required work in a couple of minutes on Github.  It took me
longer to find just one on the wiki. What's worse is that the same word or
string shows up multiple times and as far as translation is concerned a
real bummer is that you're completely missing the context, which is the
reason why at least one of those strings is incorrectly translated.
Understanding the context is very important to make a correct translation.
Maybe programmers need a bit of education in this area ;-).
Example: "Map Key" is meant as "key for the map" ("Legend" might have been
a better choice) but is translated as "toets toewijzen", which means to
"map a key" (from a keybord), which is also a correct translation, but
obviously not in this context.

In short, I just wanted you to know that I'm not going to work with this
tool. I'll just do the few things I had in mind, but that's it. It may be
the best choice for automated generation of multi-lingual GUIs, but it's a
pain in the * to work with for a translator. If people are walking away
from this wiki, I feel you should at least know why.

If I may give some advice: speed up the search engine and provide the
context (read only) of where the word or string is used (e.g. allow for
browsing through the area in Github where the text is used). That might
make a huge difference for the translator.

Kind regards,
Gilbert

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/499#issuecomment-25570068