[openstreetmap-website] Disable automatic gravatar opt-in, as it violates the privacy policy (#519)

Shaun McDonald notifications at github.com
Thu Oct 31 16:39:52 UTC 2013

Would it be possible to use gravatar without the hash going public, whereby we copy the icon server to server, thus the client doesn't access gravatar, nor see the gravatar hash directly, or is that against the terms of gravatar? Also in that case how would updates work? The main reason I use gravatar is so that I don't need to update my icon on so many places (if I do get around to updating it).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/519#issuecomment-27502603