[openstreetmap-website] Download XML links and Content-Disposition (#479)

Paul Norman notifications at github.com
Sat Sep 14 09:32:24 UTC 2013

In Chrome, the "Download XML" on object browse pages does not download the XML to a file. This is different from the map call, which by default saves it as map.osm

The difference is from the header `Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="map.osm"` that cgimap produces.

Right now the UI is inconsistent, saying Download and then showing the XML.

Do we want to change it to view? Do we want to add a `Content-Disposition` header to make it download? If so, what filename, something like node1234.osm for a node?

zerebubuth/openstreetmap-cgimap#39 is the corresponding ticket about this. I don't think there's any issues changing the behaviour, it's just not obvious what is correct.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/479