[openstreetmap-website] Permalinks break when user changes their display name (#482)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Mon Sep 16 11:24:33 UTC 2013

I think `/user/123-Joe Smith` or `/123/Joe Smith` is more common and I could be tempted to do that, though there is a conflict with the sub pages unless you do the same thing there - ie does `/user/Joe Smith/edits` become `/user/123/Joe Smith/edits`? or just `/user/123/edits`?

Also, if we make the `/name` bit on the end optional, then the 1149 users that we have with all numeric names become unclear given the need to grandfather the old scheme...

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/482#issuecomment-24503318