[openstreetmap-website] Create a rake task for populating the database (#282)

danstowell notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 17 07:20:27 UTC 2013

Just to note that I'm currently hoping to try some tweaks to the /browse/ pages, which **do** require a data import, or else there are no items to browse. (Especially since, by default, the search box's results come from remote.)

At present there is no documentation (since the doc has gone from wiki into the CONFIG.md, which tells me literally nothing except this issue number), and no script. We are stuck! Please, something... (even if it's just a link to deprecated wiki instructions...)

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/282#issuecomment-24568473