[openstreetmap-website] Rip out user location map (#490)

Ian Dees notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 24 20:57:44 UTC 2013

Inspired by @lxbarth's [diary post](http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/20060), this pull request removes the UI elements for viewing/setting a user's home location.

The point here is that the "nearby users" as it is currently implemented is confusing to new users at best. I've heard numerous questions about what it's for at State of the Maps, and it has confused people signing up at my mapping parties.

If we want to keep it we should think about making it more useful and improving the user experience around setting/viewing the data.
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/iandees/openstreetmap-website remove-people-near-you-map

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/490

-- Commit Summary --

  * Rip out user location map.

-- File Changes --