[openstreetmap-website] Rip out user location map (#490)

Ian Dees notifications at github.com
Wed Sep 25 12:28:13 UTC 2013

The confusion was that they were sent to their settings page and they thought it was where they should map ("how do I make new points on this map?"). They understood quickly when I pointed out it was only for setting their home location, but it was momentarily confusing.

And yes, these weren't the most adept users, but they ended up contributing some useful data...

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/490#issuecomment-25081776