[openstreetmap-website] Implement `geo:` URLs for sharing (#799)

Thomas Weißschuh notifications at github.com
Mon Aug 4 10:32:43 UTC 2014

For applications:
* My android phone asks me which one of my navigation applications I want to use
* Konqueror launches marble
* Firefox recognises the URL but has no application registered and prompts me for an application

For privacy:
* I think it is in general better not to connect to any online services if possible
* If someone was monitoring the incoming connections to osm.org (osm.org hacked, university network compromised, NSA) they can see who communicates with whom by fingerprinting the used coordinates.

This may be very theoretical but better safe than sorry.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/799#issuecomment-51044048