[openstreetmap-website] Breadcrumb (#848)

Sarah Hoffmann notifications at github.com
Mon Dec 1 08:32:29 UTC 2014

Reverse geocoding is not that expensive, Nominatim can handle quite a number of requests, especially if we get the second server up and if reverse geocoding is changed to make use of the new postgis 2 functions for finding the closest object.

Gut feeling tells me that it should be possible to have breadcrumbs if you go for an implementation where the breadcrumb is updated not on every move but only a second or so after zooming and panning stops. Naturally, some solid numbers on the load produced would be needed for a definitive answer.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/848#issuecomment-65033422