[openstreetmap-website] SQL error returned to client by note search API (#673)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Thu Jan 9 08:33:36 UTC 2014

I don't see a major problem with sending the text of the exception back in this case - if it was a public facing page on the web site then things would be a bit different to an API call.

It makes life a lot easier for me if people can give me sensible error reports instead of everything being mapped to a meaningless "Internal error" that forces me to go grovelling around in the log files.

What is a big issue is that this search functionality, and especially with the regex matching, exists at all. It should never have been allowed to be deployed like that, which is my fault entirely.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/673#issuecomment-31911613