[OpenStreetMap] #4382: Invalid character in GPX track description or changeset comments produces bad XML in API response (was: Invalid character in GPX track description produces bad XML in API response)

OpenStreetMap trac at noreply.openstreetmap.org
Thu Jan 30 16:38:28 UTC 2014

#4382: Invalid character in GPX track description or changeset comments produces
bad XML in API response
----------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  don-vip  |      Owner:  rails-dev@…
      Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
 Component:  api      |    Version:
Resolution:           |   Keywords:
----------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by don-vip):

 There's another example of bad xml delivered by OSM API. Try to get
 history of node 415524175:

 http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/415524175/history

 You will see that comment text of changeset 1424555 (created by Potlatch
 1.0) contains exotic characters. Then our XML parser is unable to parse
 it:

 https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9647

 Is there hope to see this bug fixed inside OSM API or do we need again to
 find a workaround ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4382#comment:10>
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/>