[openstreetmap-website] sharing marker moves after closing search results (#734)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Sun Jun 15 13:51:51 UTC 2014

The problem is that the marker for the share panel deliberately tracks the centre of the map - the marker always stays in the centre and if you drag the map then the marker is repositioned to stay in the centre.

Unfortunately the share panel can't tell the difference between a move caused by the user and a move caused by closing the left sidebar, and even if it could I'm not sure what it could do - the share UI is deliberately designed so that the marker stays in the middle of the map. The only option I guess would be to move the map so the marker stayed in the same place.

Maybe @jfire has some thoughts?

It doesn't seem to be related to #729 anyway.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/734#issuecomment-46116226