[openstreetmap-website] Related objects in XML (#768)

simonpoole notifications at github.com
Mon Jun 23 08:58:07 UTC 2014

IMHO I think it would be better to simply include the (parent-)objects in question if we want to support something in this direction, which in turn probably requires an additional flag to turn it on for backward compatability. Which Zveriks solution would need anyway see jotos comment (there is sure to be tons of stuff that will barf, correctly so).

Reasoning: having the parent object(s) avalable allows the editor to "do the right thing" instead of just popping up a warning which will mostly be ignored.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/768#issuecomment-46820291