[openstreetmap-website] Related objects in XML (#768)

Ilya Zverev notifications at github.com
Tue Jun 24 11:37:56 UTC 2014

Roland, as for me, I'm quite cautious now with touching ways and nodes outside downloaded area. But not every mapper is like me: most just download an area in josm and get carried away while mapping. And then they spend extra hour on fixing relation conflicts. So while one can use Overpass API to query missing information, it would be better to have it in the source data from the start, so you can't break anything even if you don't understand OSM data structures.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/768#issuecomment-46960528