[openstreetmap-website] Add an overpass based query tool (#721)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Sun Mar 16 22:29:09 UTC 2014

Yes that is what the circle shows, and originally I had it showing permanently but when you do that it can obscure some of the features that appear as you hover over the list, which is I why I opted to make it fade out instead.

The only ordering that overpass offers is by id or a simple "geo order" which is coarse and based on tiling. Neither of those is really best - what we really is want is to order by distance from the target point for the "nearby" list and size for the "enclosing" list but I don't see any realistic way of doing that.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/721#issuecomment-37773518