[openstreetmap-website] Enable RSS feed for history/friends (#724)

vincentdephily notifications at github.com
Thu Mar 27 15:05:28 UTC 2014

@tomhughes How is the deterministic string a security/privacy risk ? It's basically a querystring: "give me the changesets of users foo, bar, and baz". You can already get those changesets for individual users, no extra information is exposed, it's just a nicer interface to get them. I definitely see a privacy risk with the public friends list idea, but not with this "multi-user list of changesets" idea.

@danstowell The "403" solution isn't great either: it might mess up the reader's cache, and it cannot work with online readers (such as feedly, newsblur, etc). I think having to use a static list is a lesser problem.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/724#issuecomment-38814976