[openstreetmap-website] Add an overpass based query tool (#721)

vincentdephily notifications at github.com
Fri Mar 28 11:21:19 UTC 2014

Small interface nitpick: to search a different area, I instinctively clicked the icon again, which ended the mode instead. I understand the idea now, but it took me a while. Not sure how to make it clearer; maybe experiment stoping the query mode only when closing the sidebar ?

Second, slightly more annoying nitpick: to open more details about an object, I have to click a specific part of the text, which isn't even styled as a link and pointlessly require me to be precise. At the same time, the whole rectangle gets an on-hover highlight and a "link" cursor. Please let me click any part of the rectangle.

Regarding the fact that the "query area polygon" quickly disappears, if you can't make it unintrusive (dimer color, lower zindex, unclickable isn't sufficient ?), how about displaying it only when you're not hovering over another object ?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/721#issuecomment-38909289