[openstreetmap-website] badge system? (#741)

Ian Dees notifications at github.com
Wed May 14 01:36:22 UTC 2014

We've discussed "gamification" of OSM before and have decided that the competition encourages people to make unhelpful edits to the map just to get the badges.

That being said, I think a carefully-crafted set of rewards for useful work might be an interesting idea. No one has had the time to come up with such rewards that don't also encourage bad edits as a side-effect.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/741#issuecomment-43033479