[openstreetmap-website] Bidirectional text support (#743)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Sun May 18 12:48:43 UTC 2014

Actually I guess you're using the english translation of the site, so it isn't really a translation issue?

I'm not sure there's anything we can do about it though - we are just outputting ```Node: NNNN (%s)``` with the ```%s``` replaced by the name from the database, and it is the browser choosing to reverse the parenthesis, presumably because it is valid in both LTR and RTL so it has no idea when to switch back from one mode to the other.

We don't even know if the name we are substituting is LTR or RTL, or indeed a combination of the two!

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/743#issuecomment-43438998