[openstreetmap-website] Add an overpass based query tool (#721)

Paul Norman notifications at github.com
Thu Nov 6 21:15:30 UTC 2014

> That said I was persuaded that there are a few users doing things like DWG investigations who would still find the data layer useful so currently I don't see us removing it, though we might make it less "sticky" so that it doesn't reactivate if you happen to have had it on during your last visit.

I see this replacing what I use the data layer for. The more complicated stuff needs to be done in JOSM/shell scripts anyways. The data layer is still sometimes useful for showing how much data is behind OSM.

In any case, I'd suggest holding off data layer changes until a subsequent PR.

-----

The icon is listed as a to-do. I'm kind of inclined to agree. I was thinking a :mag: or similar, but that looks very similar to the OSM logo.

@samanpwbb, any thoughts?

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/721#issuecomment-62052490