[openstreetmap-website] Website should redirect HTTP connections to HTTPS (#833)

Paul Norman notifications at github.com
Sat Nov 15 03:02:02 UTC 2014

> If GitHub Issues in this repository are only meant for code, you could possibly clarify that in the CONTRIBUTING.md and redirecting other questions to Trac to prevent this from happening again.

The original question was handled here - it's not as if you didn't get an [answer](https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/833#issuecomment-62990304).

And yes, I'm aware that an attacker with a MITM attack can intercept traffic before the user gets to the login page and thwart the redirect, as I know several of the other commentators are.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/833#issuecomment-63157697