[openstreetmap-website] Embed-Codes lack proper attribution (#838)

stefan kaufmann notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 17 22:24:31 UTC 2014

I was made aware by an OSM contributor that an embedded Transport map was lacking the proper attribution (“© OpenStreetMap contributors”) and only showed the “Tiles courtesy of Andy Allan” notice in the lower right corner.

As it turns out, the error appears to lie within the official embedding code I pulled from the official OSM site. The large map view shows the proper attribution, but the embedded IFrame doesn't.

Since I assume OSM is supposed to make re-using the maps as user-friendly as possible, I'd wager the attribution should be part of the embedded version, too, without requiring users to tweak it as to properly display the attribution information ;)

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/838