[openstreetmap-website] add a note for when functions cannot be installed (#839)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 18 08:40:15 UTC 2014

That's terrible advice I'm afraid - we should never advise people to put unpackaged code in `/usr` (excepting `/usr/local` of course).

As I explained on IRC your problem was simply that you didn't have the permissions right - in the home directory case the postgres user probably didn't have search permissions (the `x` bit) into your home directory (hence "could not access").

The `/var/lib` case is less clear, but may well have been selinux or apparmor (not sure what distro it was).

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/839#issuecomment-63437809