[openstreetmap-website] Flagging inappropriate 'notes' for moderators to deal with (#1031)

rickmastfan67 notifications at github.com
Wed Aug 12 11:59:33 UTC 2015

I just came across a new note that was posted today (08/12/15) that is completely inappropriate.  It seems it's a personal attack by an anonymous person on another person who lives at a specific address.

Unfortunately, I don't want to 'close' it and have it linked to my user OSM account. (I will not post the direct link to it here, but it's Note 412850.)  This is where a report/flag feature would come in handy big time for an inappropriate note so that mods could be alerted to it and either hide it or delete it.

It could be as simple as a text button with the word 'report' in it.  And on the backend, would simply send out an email to the OSM mods.  However, I would assume you'd want the reporter to add some text as to why it is being reported to help weed out 'false' reports.  This 'report' feature would be available only to people logged into the OSM website of course.

Now, if I could code, I'd help out here and try to do it myself.  However, I couldn't code my way out of a paper box to be honest.  So, I'd thought I'd at least post an issue on this subject.

I would assume this could go hand-in-hand with what @SomeoneElseOSM wants in #975 & #921.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1031