[openstreetmap-website] EFF Privacy Badger complains about openstreetmap.org cookies (being used by "3rd parties") (#1032)

neiljp notifications at github.com
Wed Aug 12 21:55:46 UTC 2015

As a data point, when not logged in it indicates that the tileservers are 'potential trackers', and when logged in it also lists:
- i0.wp.com
- www.gravatar.com
- secure.gravatar.com
These are all just 'yellow'.

FYI, the issue title is possibly incorrect as I suspect the tileservers are identified in that way due to the indexing through different tiles, or something similar. They're a solved situation anyhow, according to @danstowell.

I only noticed as one can look at a list of domains accessed and how they are being treated by PB, and openstreetmap.org was 'red'. I've just gone through a number of osm-related sites and found that achavi appears to be using www.openstreetmap.org, and that is blocked at the moment via PB; I haven't looked at all other osm-related sites, just the ones I could think of offhand.

While the stable release of PB is new, I posted this so that I could find out what the situation is, and if possible that OSM could be proactive in this context. I'm not expecting instant action, but equally it seemed a reasonable question. While LWG may have other pressing matters, if @danstowell wishes to enquire on this matter, I feel it would be positive to clarify this.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1032#issuecomment-130459704