[openstreetmap-website] EFF Privacy Badger complains about openstreetmap.org cookies (being used by "3rd parties") (#1032)

neiljp notifications at github.com
Thu Aug 13 06:51:27 UTC 2015

The i0.wp.com request is for an image that (at least here) sits next to the number of unread messages and username in the top-right box, ie. a call to:
http://i0.wp.com/www.openstreetmap.org/assets/users/images/large-d0aba9dcb4610f25419f897e588cf907.png

The secure.gravatar.com image seemingly redirects to the above image:
https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/fc091913de5b882e7268c0d638a611bd.jpg?s=25&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openstreetmap.org%2Fassets%2Fusers%2Fimages%2Flarge-d0aba9dcb4610f25419f897e588cf907.png

I guess it is the long numeric url which may be suggesting that there is a problem, in each case, which appears like it could be a unique id to the user. I'm not sure exactly how it is determining these things, but at least that explains where the urls come from.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1032#issuecomment-130557583