[openstreetmap-website] Search: I'm feeling lucky (#1039)

vincentdephily notifications at github.com
Wed Aug 26 10:42:18 UTC 2015

I think that implementing issue #919 (which is IMHO a good idea) would go a long way towards solving this issue (only the "close the tab" part is missing).

On its own I don't think that the ! syntax has much added value (less than on a generic search engine because we don't expect to leave osm.org). But if were were planning on extensions like "in viewport" and simple overpass-like searches, it could become interesting. I know, lots of ifs, sorry.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1039#issuecomment-134941356