[openstreetmap-website] Extract API to a separate gem (#1097)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Wed Dec 2 14:08:52 UTC 2015

To explain in a bit more detail, the API code here is not actually for all the calls on the production site - we have been gradually moving them to https://github.com/zerebubuth/openstreetmap-cgimap which currently runs as a separate service accessed via FCGI with the frontend web server deciding whether to send calls there or to rails.

The https://github.com/zerebubuth/cgimap-ruby project aims to give rails direct access to the code in cgimap rather than having it run as a separate service.

If you want to help with all this right now, then openstreetmap-cgimap is the place to go - we need help to move more API calls to that.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1097#issuecomment-161305923