[openstreetmap-website] Improve the contributor terms page with a summary (#1107)

Simon Poole notifications at github.com
Mon Dec 14 13:24:22 UTC 2015

@naoliv I've added the topic to the LWG todo list and have asked for input from the other members. As said as a short term measure I would suggest looking at your translation of the welcome page maybe simply highlighting the relevant text would help, further you could potentially put stronger language in the registration in e-mail about reading the welcome page.

Pro memoria, the current English text on the welcome page for stuff that shouldn't be added to OSM is:

    What it doesn't include is opinionated data like ratings, historical or hypothetical
    features, and data from copyrighted sources. Unless you have special permission,
    don't copy from online or paper maps.

Maybe that could be made clearer for example (in English)

    What it doesn't include is opinionated data like ratings, historical or hypothetical
    features, and data from copyrighted and other protected sources, for example
    google maps. Unless you have special permission, don't copy from any online
    or paper maps.

Not that I'm a particular fan of mentioning a competitor on our website.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1107#issuecomment-164435544