[openstreetmap-website] Redirect oauth user back to original page after email confirmation (#895)

Christoph Bünte notifications at github.com
Tue Feb 10 23:54:09 UTC 2015

For wheelmap.org we allow users to login via oauth with a valid openstreetmap.org account. But new users, who sign up with wheelmap (and consequently with openstreetmap) end on a welcome page after they click the confirmation page in their email.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/welcome

This behavior might be intended for users who signed for openstreetmap directly, but wheelmap users (and possibly other users of third party services using oauth) are pretty much lost.

Is there a way to redirect these users to the original website after they clicked the confirmation link? Maybe by passing an additional parameter when sending them to the osm login page?

That would be very helpful. I could possibly provide a pull request after a discussion.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/895