[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up (#894)

Tom Hughes notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 11 08:43:04 UTC 2015

@alexilisei Perhaps you might like to look at the signup page before opining that Google accounts aren't available?

There is a PR (#153) to add Facebook and MS Live support - it was blocked for a long time on legal issues but is now cleared I believe. Somebody needs to update it against the current code base though as it's probably very out of date now.

Twitter requires adding support for OAuth based signup as it doesn't support OpenID like the others we currently support.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-73848752