[openstreetmap-website] Simplify sign up (#894)

Martijn van Exel notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 11 14:42:52 UTC 2015

It's not so much about immediately being able to do anything - however great that may be, but that is for another discussion. It is about ever more people becoming (or being made!) aware that they are using OSM maps in their mobile apps and *converting more of those people to active OSM contributors*.

A great first step, and to my mind a prerequisite, is to give these folks a very straightforward way to start connecting to OSM. The current sign up process does not qualify, @simonpoole, I don't agree that the current process is even 'fairly OK' for today's mobile users.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/894#issuecomment-73891541