[openstreetmap-website] Routing over areas: display failure? routing failure? router<->OSM failure? (#900)

neiljp notifications at github.com
Tue Feb 17 23:37:11 UTC 2015

It is an issue for graphhopper (and mapquest) to consider, but using it on the main site is going to add a tendency for people to map for the router, ie. add 'fake' paths between endpoints of paths/roads in order for routing to 'work' using these advertised routers. For example, I could 'cheat' and add routes between the 3 or so entrances to that car park area to allow foot traffic, but I'm fairly sure that is undesirable.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/900#issuecomment-74779689