[openstreetmap-website] OSRM implementation issues (#902)

Richard Fairhurst notifications at github.com
Fri Feb 20 23:01:55 UTC 2015

Two problems with the OSRM routing script:

1. We always request z=14. The heavily generalised polyline looks bad at higher zoom levels. We should either request the current zoom level, or choose a higher default.
2. We always request instructions=true and refresh the LH directions panel, even when just dragging start/end points. This is flickery and inefficient. We should request instructions=false when dragging, instructions=true on dragend.

I might get round to these at some point but they're fairly trivial changes so treat this both as an aide-memoire and as a suggestion for anyone looking for quick wins. :)

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/902