[openstreetmap-website] Please add a way to share a route (#905)

kerosin notifications at github.com
Sun Feb 22 08:22:18 UTC 2015

>When did we ever claim it did?

Okay, I should have titled it "Share button doesn't work for routes as expected". My post is user centric. This is not something I would like, but something a user would expect. You want so share your current screen/view with others. And if you are viewing a route and click "share" a resulting standard map view doesn't make sense. These are different use cases.

>you can actually share a route just by copying the URL from the URL bar

Yeah, like "normal" mapviews. Advantages are the a short-url and the auto-generated HTML-code features.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/905#issuecomment-75425317