[openstreetmap-website] "thank you" feature (#875)

brycenesbitt notifications at github.com
Mon Feb 23 00:25:00 UTC 2015

"NextDoor Neighbor" has this feature, and I thought I'd hate it.  As it turns out it's a nice little recognition feature, and I find it motivating.

That said one can already write a thank you note in a changeset, and the mapper will see it.  This proposal could be seen as a "lite" version of that: more interactive than staying silent, less intrusive than commenting on a changeset or messaging the mapper.

Thinking about creating habits (as http://www.nirandfar.com/2012/03/how-to-manufacture-desire.html does) the feedback creates a dopamine hit, a reward for a good edit.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/875#issuecomment-75474971