[openstreetmap-website] OSM.org Browsing Help unfindable (#871)

a-pirard notifications at github.com
Mon Jan 12 22:07:14 UTC 2015

One way to promote OSM is to teach the general public to write to more people things like [I'll be waiting for you here] (http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/5013364?mlat=48.85783&mlon=2.29513#map=18/48.85826/2.29478) and OSM links (or pictures) in Web pages or signatures.  But they must be helped using OSM.org browsing.
Generally, a program has a direct Help menu to help using it, and even a F1 key assignment.
OSM.org does not.  The page Help menu leads to general documentation deep in which is the [Browsing Help page] (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Browsing), 3 clicks away if you know where it is (a tiny [Browse](http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Browsing)), at least 8 and much distraction if you know there is one, and a countless number if you don't.  **They don't find it**.
The request is to have a separate, direct Browsing Help menu and possibly a F1 key.
I have substantially but uselessly improved that page.  I'm waiting for being useful to continue.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/871